Tuesday, June 14, 2011

NOTD: Sparkly and "bling-y"?

Yesterday I originally had my nails painted with a duochrome teal polish (Icing nail polish in Peacock), with OPI Silver Shatter layered on my ring finger.  I actually really liked it but late last night I was bored and wanted something just... sparkly.  So around 1am, I took off the teal and gave myself this ultra bling-y manicure that is really unlike me, haha. 
I used an older limited edition Wed n Wild Craze nail polish in Shield, which is one of my most very favorite nail polishes.  I have a hard time wearing golds, but this is more of a cool bronze gold that has the right amount of shimmer and fine glitter (side note, I love love these kinds of shades underneath a black shatter!  So pretty!).  I so wish this was bigger than 0.34oz!  Or that it was part of the permanent WnW collection and not LE. >:(  Anyway, I topped it with the super glittery Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Disco Ball.  If you're looking for a clear nail polish packed with tons of regular glitter, def. get this! :)

Wet n Wild Shield, Sally Hansen Disco Ball

See the glitter?  I love it!


It was kind of hard to capture the blingyness (not a real word, ha) without the flash washing it out- unfortunately we're having the ugliest weather today with lots of rain and thunder!  But I hope you can still get an idea of how it looks!  This would definitely be better suited for a night out, but I don't really care. ;)

What's on your nails?