Thursday, June 16, 2011

Good things come in little packages with Montagne Jeunesse masks!

Recently, I've been really wanting a new mask- the thicker kind, clay, mud, exfoliating, whatever! that really sticks to your skin.  I use an old (and discontinued) cream mask from Clinique about once a week, and I do love it, but I just wanted something new and different.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money for one at Sephora or a department store, but I also didn't want to buy one online.  So my next thought was trying the ever-affordable Montagne Jeunesse masks that I always see at the drugstore!  I don't know why I never tried them before but a few days ago I decided to finally pick up a few.

Clean-up mud mask, Fruit smoothie mask, Skin polisher mask
Clean-Up Mud mask (which I already used- I forgot to take a picture beforehand, haha), Fruit Smoothie mask, Skin Polisher mask



The thing that ended up really appealing to me about these is their size.  With skin care products, a lot of things I try are hit or miss, and I was afraid I would try a mask and it would break me out.  With these, I can try one and if it breaks me out, I'm not out however much money and left with an entire tube of wasted product.

Last night I tried the "Clean-Up Mud" mask (which you can see from the picture above that I forgot to take pictures before I used it haha, sorry!).  I was pleasantly surprised that 1) it didn't break me out, and 2) it actually contained enough product to get about two more uses out of.  I depotted the rest of it into an old Mario Badescu sample jar:


So that was an extra bonus!  I thought these would be strictly one use only.  
This "Clean-Up Mud" mask contains aloe vera, willow, rosemary, and witch hazel that are supposed to target problem areas like blemishes.  
It's a thick clay and has an off-white, almost grey tinge.  It reminds me a lot of how my Mario Badescu Flower & Tonic mask applied and felt- it goes on creamy and smooth, but dries down in minutes.  You have to do a bit of massaging to get the product off, but afterwards my skin felt really smooth and refreshed.  I left this on for about 10 minutes (the packaging says 10-15) and rinsed with warm water.  
I didn't expect my skin to look any better after using it, but I actually did think it looked clearer and more refreshed!

The next night I tried out the Fruit Smoothie mask- I know, you're only supposed to use these once a week but I had heard good things about this one and I was excited to use it! :)  This one contains crushed raspberries and mangoes and smells amazing!  It's also a thick cream that dries down to clay once it hardens, pretty much exactly how the Clean-Up mud mask was.  

I've yet to try the Skin Polisher mask (I'm making myself be patient and wait a week, haha) but I can't wait to see how it works.  That one is supposed to contain exfoliants that you scrub onto your face and then let sit.  Interesting!

Have you guys tried any of these Montagne Jeunesse masks, or any others that you like?