Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My First Birchbox!


I heard about Birchbox through Sophie's Dish and I was intrigued. It's a monthly box of brand-name beauty samples sent to your door, meant to promote the items, which you can buy on their site. Each box includes 4 to 5 product samples. Not all boxes are the same - they tailor your box based on your preferences, which you specify on the site.

I always love to try new products out, and for $10 I figured it was worth a shot - I could always cancel if I found it wasn't worth it.

My first Birchbox arrived last Friday. I love getting mail, and this was even more fun because I didn't know what I was getting, and it was wrapped up all pretty!


Inside:


Products included:
1) Kate Spade Twirl perfume sample
2) Laura Geller Baked Blush n' Brighten (full size! Retail $29.50!)
3) Oscar Blandi Olio di Jasmine Hair Serum
4) Panga Organics Toner
Extras: Deborah Lippmann Stripper To Go nail polish remover wipes

What fun! Everything is definitely something I'd use, maybe not buy, but that's one of the best parts - getting to try stuff I'd not normally shell the money out for without experiencing it first.

Although my first thought was that $10 for a bunch of samples is a lot (IMO, samples are something that should be free!), after seeing the size of the samples, I think it's definitely worth it. And I was shocked to find the full-sized product in there! That alone is nearly $30, and the toner is about $5 worth of product. If the samples included were all the size of the hair serum, I would cancel immediately, but they were very generous. I'm excited to try everything out!

Find out more info about Birchbox here!

PS: I paid for the Birchbox with my own money and I'm not getting anything out of posting about it here ;)