Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Inner Grunge


In anticipation of starting my make up course in just six days, I decided to play with my face for a night out. Instead of the usual brown smoky eye I usually go for I opted for something a bit more grungy. I decided to use gel liner as eyeshadow, pressed a bit of powder shaow on top, dabbed a little bit of clear lipgloss over it, and hey presto. Grunge. The had creased before I left my house, but I like it that way.


Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Foundation
MAC Harmony Blush (as contour)
MAC Melba and Springsheen Blush
Josie Maran Lovely Palette (as highlight)
Maybelline Black Gel Liner (as eyeshadow)
MAC Typographic e/s
NYX Clear Lipgloss
Eyeko Big Eyes Mascara


This look was inspired by a beautiful new pair of shoes I acquired a week ago. I cannot walk in them for the life of me, but the guy who sold them to me was too good looking to disappoint. Sad? Yes. But we all do it, don't we?

So here are my fabulous shoes, that will probably remain in their box until I get the courage or ever get drunk enough to wear them. And they are sickly beautiful.