Sunday, June 19, 2011

Olympus PEN E-PL2

Hey peeps! Do you still remember when we took a part in Indiedays' Olympus Street Fashion contest? I got second most votes in audience's voting, thank you everyone for your votes ♥ The jury made the final judgement. A person who got most votes from audience, got one extra vote in jury's voting. Despite of someone else got an extra vote, I still got most votes from the jury. So that means - WE WON THE CONTEST!


My photo on Indiedays top page saying "Zhizhi is the winner of readers' street fashion contest". It felt so unbelievable and unrealistic when I heard that we won. Because I never really won anything XD


This was the contest photo. Can you believe that with this unsignificant photo we won - Olympus PEN E-PL2 cameras worth 700 euros?!


Both person in the photo and person who took the photo got new Olympus PEN E-PL2 camera. So me and Laura got ours not so long ago. Awesooome! Loved by pros, made for you. (Ignore disturbing shit on background)


So.. what is this actually?

"Digital PEN is totally new concept in photographing. Thanks to its mirrorless structure it is the size of a compact camera. The photoshell is still the size of Four Thirds cameras' shells. Changeable lenses guarantee quality and flexibility of a system camera. Not a compact camera, not a system camera. It's a PEN!"

Haha~ So in other words I could say that it's mini sized system camera if that's right. I'm not a camera expert! O.O


I have been testing it a lot and I'm still kinda trying to learn how to use it properly. I think I should read the quide book completely to discover all tricks to take great photos! Already now I can say that I'm really in love with this camera. I was way too lucky!


Test photos to show the quality. It's so good compared to the quality of my compact camera which I still like a lot.


Oh yeah!




Flash is very effective and what is the best thing - colours look very natural. My compact camera's flash gave a red tone for my all pics. Powerful flash starts to hurt my eyes after a while, though.. XD

As I said I haven't yet discovered all tricks and specialities of this camera. But by accident I found "art-section". Ready photoshopped photos right away! XD


Pop art. High saturated.


It's really good when photographing colourful things - such as pear juice. I look mega tanned here.


Soft focus. My favourite!!!


Blurred angel baby face! I think I'll use this a lot :D


Grainy film. Not really my style. I think this doesn't fit for person photographing but more for items and landscapes.


It fits for example for photographing a poker set XD And lol there's my hair, too.


Pin hole. Eeh pretty nice, but nothing special.


Diodrama is even less special.


Dramatic tone lmao. Not really for person photographing or you will just turn out to look like an angsty teenager hahaha. This should be used for some "dramatic views" hehe.


Yuppies! Why are mirros always dirty. I hope to learn much more about this camera so I can take the best photos as possible. I won't quit using my beloved blinged pink compact camera, though. It's more practical to bring with me everywhere daily. At least at first I will use PEN for special cases and photoshoots but who knows, maybe very soon I'll drag it with me everywhere! XD