Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My ELF order arrived! Part one: lip products

I had been wanting to order from ELF for the longest time, but for a number of reasons didn't get around to it until last week!  At first I was waiting for new products to come in, and then when they did come in the other products I wanted were out of stock (and ELF takes forever to restock things it seems).  A few weeks ago Total Beauty featured a daily deal (which I posted about) that was $10 for a $25 voucher to ELF.  I purchased it right away, and that kind of gave me the push I needed to finally place my order.
So, exactly a week after ordering, my package arrived.  Yay! :)

I apologize in advance for 1) the lighting of the first few pictures, and 2) that I didn't take pictures of a few of the products before using them.  I wasn't able to open my package until late last night, and I couldn't get very good lighting for pictures.  And there was no way I was waiting until today to try out the products... haha.  So I'm sorry for that!

Everything together!  I will be breaking it down into individual posts, so today will be lip products.  I'll go into detail about the rest of the things I got in a separate post. :)

Essentials lipstick in Nostalgic, Mineral Moisturizing Lip Tint SPF8 in Rose, Mineral lipstick in Natural Nymph


Essentials lipstick in Nostalgic
I've never tried any of the $1 lipsticks before, but as soon as ELF put up the new colors, I knew I had to try this one out.  I noticed my package had been opened (the lipstick was untouched, but the plastic packaging was ripped open) which was weird, but the product hadn't been opened anyway.  My initial reaction is so-so.  The bullet sticks up a little farther than the top of the tube, so I nicked the lipstick right away.  The reviews on the website are right- this lipstick is really fragile.  The color reminds me of my Revlon ColorBurst lipstick in Fashion's Night Pout, but maybe a tad peachier.  


Mineral lipstick in Natural Nymph
Having heard so many good things about the mineral lipsticks, I knew I needed to try one!  Natural Nymph has been on my wishlist for a pretty long time.  It's definitely a 'concealer lips' color, and makes for a great nude lip base although it's a little patchy on me.  The mineral lipsticks feel so much better quality than the $1, from the packaging to the product itself.  I'll definitely try out more of these in the future- I have a feeling the deeper shades would apply better.


Mineral Moisturizing lip tint in Rose
This was one of the products I was waiting for to make my order, and unfortunately by the time I actually placed my order, most of the colors I wanted had gone out of stock.  I love this, though, especially being someone who doesn't really like lipstick.  It's pigmented (as you can see in my lip swatch), and gives my lips a lovely rose-y berry color.  I can't wait for these to come back in stock, because I'll definitely order more!

Mineral lip tint in Rose, Mineral lipstick in Natural Nymph, Essentials lipstick in Nostalgic

Stay tuned for the rest of my order, where I'll cover the new Studio Radiance Enhancer, blush, and cream eyeshadows, along with the new smudge brush (I'll be reviewing the Mineral Booster in its own separate post).  
Thanks guys! :)