Friday, June 17, 2011

Lasting B'liss


I will gladly admit that I would be considered 'high maintanence' in many areas of my life. Make-up, skincare and fashion, yes. My hair? Not so much. Its not that I don't care about my hair, it just doesn't take precedent over other things. Until now.

My friend Aoife and her sister share one of the only hair curlers that work in my hair. However, when I went to buy one myself, I was shocked at the price, which began my mission to find a curler that held curls and wasn't expensive. Many of you suggested the Babyliss Conical Curling Wand and while I was sceptical at first, I'm bloody happy I got it. Although I don't use conditioner on a regular basis, my hair is too soft resulting in my newly straightened or curled hair to kink the second I leave the house.

The Babyliss Curling Wand can be used to create waves and loose curls, which start big at the top and spiral to a tighter curl at the bottom; thus creating a more natural curl. You gently wrap the hair around the tong, starting from the top, and hold for a few seconds. And viola! It has four settings of heat, the highest being 200C, which is the setting I use for my hair. Not only does it curl in super quick time, taking me less than twenty minutes to curl my whole head, but they last for days. While the first day produces large, voluminous curls, the second results in beachy messy waves, that look just as beautiful as the day before.

For someone like me, who had given up spending hours curling my hair with a GHD for it to fall out within a short period, this is a god-send! And cheap too. I got mine on Amazon and would definitely recommend it for those who have trouble keeping their curls intact! If anyone wants me to do a 'tutorial' of how I curl my hair on my channel, just mention it in the comments below and I'll get on it!

(Babyliss Curling Wand and the heat protecting glove that comes with it - it's not needed really, you just have to be careful!)

Before:


After:


Marked improvement, you'll agree?