Friday, June 17, 2011

Revlon ColorBurst lip gloss in Peony

After trying two shades of these Revlon ColorBurst lip glosses (Hot Pink and Bordeaux), I knew I needed to get another one.  Hot Pink was a sample I received in the Target Beauty Bag a few months ago, but Bordeaux is one I own in full-size.  I love everything about these, from the texture to the color payoff.  My first pick for my next one was the shade Pink Ice, but Target was sold out of it today when I checked.
I decided to go with my second choice, Peony!  It's a lovely shade of peachy pink with gold shimmer (it almost reminds me of Nars Orgasm but in lip gloss form).



With flash to show the gorgeous sparkles!

The applicator is like a doe-foot spatula, which I actually really love.  It deposits the gloss more evenly than regular doe-foots in my opinion.  And like the other two I tried, Peony is smooth and non-sticky.  Love!  There's nothing worse than getting your hair caught in your lip gloss because it's too sticky.... but my lips don't feel so goopy with these.  I believe every color has a significant amount of shimmer, so you  gals that aren't fond of shimmer should probably pass.  I personally love the extra "oomph" the shimmer gives to the gloss. :)  One last thing, if you're sensitive to smell, these smell kind of like vanilla cupcakes upon application. I don't mind it, but it depends on your preferences!  



Also, my giveaway ends in about two weeks!  If you haven't entered, click here to do so.  Thanks everyone!  (Side note, for my next giveaway I won't make the running time so long!  I'm sorry about that.  Over a month is really too much time!)
Take care everyone <3