Thursday, June 23, 2011

ELF part two: miscellaneous (eyes, face)

I love ordering from ELF.  Usually there are one or two things I'm not thrilled with, but for the most part I like everything and it's just exciting to see what's new.
ELF has a bunch of new products and colors lately!  I tried out one of the new Studio Radiance Enhancers in the shade Sunrise, the $1 Smudge brush, Studio blush in Twinkle Pink, and then two of the new-ish cream eyeshadows, Dawn and Bronzed.  I'm planning on another order as soon as ELF restocks some items, but I hope this post helps those of you who have been curious about a few of these! :)



ELF Studio Radiance Enhancer in Sunrise
I really don't need more highlighters, but I love click pen applicators (for some reason!) so I wanted to try this out.  Sunrise is the second shade of the new Radiance Enhancers.  I thought from the online pictures that this would be lighter and more gold, but it's a rather deep rose-gold shade.  On my skin it leans bronze, as you can see in my swatch.  Blended out it's very sheer and leaves a subtle glow- perfect for anyone who likes a little highlight but nothing over the top.  I'm not sure I'll get much use out of this just because of the shade, but it'll make a nice base for blush.


ELF Smudge brush
I've been wanting a brush in this style for awhile now; it appeared to be perfect for applying color to the lower lash line.  As it turns out, it is!  There are a few comments on the product page online that the bristles aren't dense enough, but I've had no problem.  A few have shed on me already, but for $1 I'm not complaining.  It makes applying color close to the lash line really easy.



ELF Studio blush in Twinkle Pink
Twinkle Pink is one of two new shades of the Studio blushes (Giddy Gold being the other).  The shade is really gorgeous, and is a slightly pinker version of the blush side of the Studio Contouring Blush/Bronzing Powder.  I'll compare these in another post- they look quite similar in the pan, but swatched you can see their differences.  Anyway, Twinkle Pink is pretty powdery and glittery but it's a gorgeous color.  I have so many of these peachy-pink shades that I think I've hit my limit, haha.


Left: Dawn, Right: Bronzed

ELF Studio cream eyeshadows in Bronzed and Dawn
First of all, the packaging with these cream eyeshadows is just as bulky as everyone says it is.  In terms of product, however, I just love these.  They don't crease and make for great bases for eyeshadow.  Bronzed is a bit smoother and more pigmented than Dawn, but they both blend easily and are overall great quality.  I hope ELF comes out with more shades, because I'd love to try more!

I also purchased the small size of the Mineral Booster, which I'll review in a separate post once I've tested it a little longer.  I was hoping for it to be a good dupe for my loved Mineral Veil, so we'll see how it goes!  
If you guys haven't entered yet, there's one week left to take part in my giveaway.  Thanks for your continued support that has allowed me to do this! :) xox