Monday, October 4, 2010

September Favourites!



I've always been reluctant to do a "favourites" post because mine rarely change. Once I find something I love, I rarely look for something to replace it, guess that philosophy has to change!

Here's what I've been loving this month:

Urban Decay Naked Palette - Yeah, I know..Everyone keeps ranting about this one, I'm sorry but I have to aswell. It's amazing! Its happiness in a block of colours..Containing Urban Decays most popular neutral shades, its a must-have for those who love the neutral look. If you hate shimmery colours, its definitely not for you, as there are only two matte shades, but each is highly pigmented and beautiful. Rant over!

"Mud" Nail Varnish - (in picture Essie Mink Muffs) While this had been a trend over the past few months, it is the colour of my life. I kid you not. That minky-murky-muddy brown-grey is my favourite colour and I've bought at least six or seven almost identical nail polish shades to show my solidarity to it. I don't care what other trends come, I'm sticking to it.

Arabic Perfume? - I think it is anyway. I got it in Dubai over the summer and completely forgot about it as its so small. At the start of the month I found it and, huzzah, love it! Like all Arabic perfumes, its so so strong. Literally all you need is it placed on your neck or wrists - too overpowering. But its beautiful. Wish I could read Arabic so I could find out the name...

MAC Angel Lipstick - I've worn this almost everyday this month, when I first bought it I was afraid it was too pink (neutrals girl, obv) but alas, I frickin' love it. It brings a nice change to my usual MAC Creme D'Nude look.

MAC Melba Blush - No need to explain. Perfect peachy blush.
Eyeko Mascara - If you want massive lashes without having to re-apply (don't btw, you'll get spindles for lashes!) this is the best mascara I have ever used. Can't recommend it enough, I did a review here if your interested!

MAC 217 Blending Brush - I though the blending brushes I had were grand..I was wrong! Its only until you buy this one that you realise nothing compares to it. Its soft but firm and creates the perfect smokey eye. Love.

YSL Teint Resist - This was in my recent Out post. How wrong I was! While I still think it is a summer foundation (for me, anyway) if you mix it with another foundation (I use Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia) it really is perfect. Use a base and its even more amazing. I apologise for doubting you, YSL!

Mac Angel Lipstick

Urban Decay Naked Palette

Arabic Perfume