Sunday, October 31, 2010

Butterfly-inspired Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone!  I did my partying last night, which turned out to be so much fun.  The party I went to didn't require a costume, but my friend and I still wanted to do something creative and pretty.  I remembered seeing Nee from Kitty Loves Makeup's butterfly masquerade makeup tutorial and loving it- so I tried to create my own version of it.  Mine turned out to be pretty darn similar in the basic design of the butterfly, but I used different colors and mediums to get the effects I wanted.  Although it didn't turn out perfect, I hope you guys like it!




I'll try to remember everything I used!
-Almay Bright Eyes eye base+concealer
-Annabelle kohl eyeliner in black
-ELF professional liquid eyeliner in black (I wouldn't recommend this, but I didn't want to buy something more expensive when I never use black liquid eyeliner)
-Purples from the Coastal Scents 88 Matte palette
-Bright purple, shimmery white, shimmery black from ELF Bright Eyes beauty book
-Matte purple from the Wet 'n' Wild Lust palette
-Milani Liquif'eye eyeliner in silver
-Physicians Formula gel/cream liner for green eyes, the purple shade
-Ardell false lashes
-L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara in black

For my foundation I just used my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind (the eraser) foundation, along with the contouring shade from my ELF Studio Contouring Blush+Bronzer (I've decided bronzer is a must have for me, especially in the winter.  I look pale and lifeless without it).

Thanks for reading guys, I appreciate it!  And thank you Kitty Loves Makeup for the fabulous idea!