Monday, October 18, 2010

Quick stop at ULTA to use my coupon!

Hey guys!  I finally bought some makeup today (Does that sound crazy or what?)- I've had this $5/$10 coupon to ULTA sitting in my wallet for over a week now and I've been dying to use it.  I did buy the mascara and lipstick last week, but it was out of pure necessity.  This trip was just me deciding I wanted to try out this foundation that's been on clearance for forever, and using up my coupon.  :)

I bought this L'Oreal Feel Naturale light softening one-step makeup in Pale 228, and Revlon Beyond Natural blush & bronzer in Pink.
(I'm pretty sure this foundation is discontinued, I'm sorry about that!)
L'Oreal Feel Naturale makeup, Revlon blush/bronzer


This is the lightest shade I think (Pale 228), and although it shows up very light on my finger, on my skin it seems to be a pretty close match.  I think it's too light.  >:( But anyway, it's super creamy!  The consistency reminds me a little of Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse, in that it's really pigmented and smooth.  I haven't tried it yet, though, so fingers crossed I like it (It got pretty good reviews on Makeup Alley).

I'm hoping I like this, because I want to try a different bronzer from my ELF Studio one (I keep breaking out around my temples, so I'm not sure if I'm allergic to the mica in it.  I'm thinking I'm not, though, because this is fairly recent and I've been using that bronzer for a long time).  It seems sheer enough for my liking.  I also love that you can swirl the two colors together to get a light flush.  I'm hoping this is light enough to use all over my face, so I don't have to use a separate blush and bronzer (I go through love/hate phases with blush, LOL).

(Left to right: L'Oreal foundation, Revlon blush/bronzer blended, blush alone, bronzer alone)
*Click to enlarge to see better

Oh!  And on my walk back from ULTA I stopped into Walgreens to see if they had these popsicles I recently discovered:
They had them, and priced down from $2 to only $1!  I bought two boxes, haha.  They're only 15 calories each so I just go through them like no one's business.  ;)

That's it for today.  I'm working on some posts about the new products I've gotten, so again, thanks for bearing with me in the mean time.  You guys are amazing!
<3