Tuesday, October 26, 2010

For Someone as Pale as a Ghost..



I've dabbled with fake tans over the past few years, but quite frankly, have never been bothered to keep reapplying. It smells, it streaks, it doesn't show up, it goes orange or it washes away they second you hop in the shower.

I hate fake tan.

So why do I have so much of it? I was looking around my room to get inspiration for my next post when I realised I have so many (the ones in the picture are possibly only half of what I own). I have decided to set myself a little challenge, I'll start wearing fake tan for a bit and see if it makes me change my opinion towards it. Is my attitude towards it completely wrong? I'm beginning to think so. And I'm sick of being pale. So Challenge Orange (well, hopefully not) has been set in motion with my quest to find the perfect fake tan. I love St Moriz, but it has its downsides too.

St Moriz - Possibly the best I've come across so far. A cheap knock-off of its big brother/sister St Tropez, it lasts a good while on my skin. The only difficulty is that it has to be applied quickly to the skin as it can skain if not rubbed in. Fast.
Soltan Beautiful Bronze Mousse - Again a mousse (I'm a mousse girl :) ). Can be slightly streaky and the colours a bit off, doesn't stay on as long as you would want.



Loreal Sublime Bronze - I used this for ages a while ago. But when its fading off I look like I have some hideous skin disease. Lasts well enough and is a nice colour, think the skin has to be in perfect condition though as any dry patches show up immediately.

Garnier Body Summer - I have loads of these, the buildable everyday types; Johnsons etc. Hate them. After a few days the colour looks like kind of green and sick. Hardly natural.
Rimmel Instant Sun Shimmer - Instant + Shimmer + Rain = 'Nuff said.

What fake tan do you wear?