Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shout Fall Play Product Review with Growing Tree Toys

As a mom of 3 boys and a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA/L) , I know how important it is for kids to have active play time. According to the PA department of Health, children ages 6-17 should be getting 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity per day. This helps our children build strong bones, healthy hearts, fight obesity, and encourage future good health habits.


Shout has developed the Go Play Intiative to educate parents on the benefits of unstructured play and to inspire families to go outside and play. Unstructured play develops skills like problem solving,and coping and conflict resolution. Shout has partnered with Growing Tree Toys Blog Network for this initiative.  Growing Tree Toys offers many great learning toys that can also help your child develop the life skills they need to become happy healthy adults. 



As part of the Growing Tree Toys Blog Network I had an opportunity to try some great Shout products.  I was sent Shout Advanced Ultra Concentrated Gel, Shout Color Catcher, and Shout Triple Acting Spray.

I have 3 boys who are very active.  These products are almost a necessity in this house.  I encourage a lot of outdoor play for my boys.  Sometimes I have to practically throw them out but they end up having so much fun they don't want to come back in.  Just this weekend we went to a local farm for their pumpkin fest. They had a cute little hay maze just the right size for little ones.




Also in my Shout Go Play Initiative kit I received a great set of 52 Nature Activities cards. These cards have fun outdoor activities to do with your family.  Bark Rubbings, Scavenger hunts, and lots of others.  I tried the "smells" card at the farm. Have the kids close their eyes and they tell you different scents they smell.  Some were pleasant, some not so much. lol.

You can actually buy the 52 Nature Activities Cards by Lynn Gordon on Amazon.com














As for the other Shout Products.  Well, we needed them after a day at the farm.  My jeans that got ketchup on them from the hot dog stand:


I tried the Shout Advanced for this one.

My 6 year old's jeans got...well..it's either ice cream from the dairy store or something much ickier.  Either way I sprayed it with the Shout Triple Acting Spray.







Then I needed to put the Shout Color Catcher to the test.  I must say I'm a little nervous about this one.  I put my new scrub uniforms in, hubby's white undershirts, the jeans I just used Shout on, along with a few other odds and ends that needed washed.








And the verdict?  Everything worked great!

Here's the Shout Color Catcher after the wash.


As for the stains on the jeans?


Stains are gone!




 There are so many fun things to do in the fall. Local farms have hay and corn mazes, hay rides, pumpkin patches, there's haunted houses, parades, trick or treats, football, and beautiful weather for walking or bike rides.  We have a routine at our house.  The kids get home from school.  The first thing they do is their homework.  Then they have free time until dinner.  My boys love to ride their bikes or play hide and seek with the neighbor kids. 

 The moral is memories last forever. Good health habits will stay with our children.  Stains don't with Shout. 


***I received the Shout Products listed above from Shout for their Go Play Initiative as part of the Growing Tree Toys Blog Network.  I did not receive any monetary compensation for this post.  All opinion expressed are my own. ***