Sunday, October 31, 2010

Urban Decay Naked Palette (Part 1)

Hi everyone!

So I finally got my Urban Decay Naked Palette. My mom had been planning to get it for me for my birthday, so she put her name on the waiting list at Sephora (this was mid-September!) and finally they got some in!




I used it this morning for a really neutral look (I'll try to post a picture later, along with a post with swatches!) and I can't even believe how beautiful this palette is. The colours complement each other amazingly, so there's no guesswork when trying to come up with a colour combo. Everything works. The colours with chunky glitter (Sidecar, Creep, Gunmetal) have a bit of fallout, but that's to be expected with that kind of texture.

There are two matte colours (Naked, Buck) and I'm glad they chose these two to be the matte ones. They're nice and light, and blend beautifully. The matte texture suits the colours very well.

My favourite of the two iridescent colours (Virgin, Sin) is Virgin. It's a pinky off-white with pearly-pink iridescence. Absolutely gorgeous. It's not too frosty and shiny to be used as a lid colour, and it's amazing as a highlight.

Also, I love that it comes with eyeliner and a mini-UDPP. The eyeliners (Zero, Whiskey) seem to be of the same quality as the full size product, and are great on the waterline. I have the full-size Zero and it's down to a little stub, so I'm happy to have another one!

On a final note (for this post at least!) I LOVE the packaging. So classy, not at all cheesy or gaudy, as I find many UD palettes to be. I have a major issue touching velvet (weird, I know), but for this palette I think I can soldier on!

I'll put up another post a bit later with some swatches (I'm on campus right now with no makeup wipes or brushes!)

xox
Chloe