Monday, October 4, 2010

NOTD: Sally Hansen Flirt+Disco Ball

ULTA has a lot of good deals on nail polish this week!  And not just Sally Hansen, however the Complete Salon Manicures are 2 for $10, Insta-Dri 2 for $6, and these Xtreme Wears are 2 for $3.  Um, I had to get some!  I really wanted a fun layering color and something dark and vampy, so I went with Disco Ball and Flirt.  I decided to layer them- I think I'm liking the effect, although I have to admit this pairing is so not me.  Vampy colors aren't even me, typically, but I forced myself out of my comfort zone.  :)





It's hard to see the true color of Flirt with the shimmery Disco Ball over it, and in my pictures it shows up almost black.  It's really a deep burgundy with the tiniest shimmers in it- you can barely tell they're there, but they keep it from being just a plain creme.  And can you see the prettiness that is Disco Ball?  The glitters in it almost show up blue/green over Flirt.  It's really fun and the clear base means you can put it over any color for a fun, sparkly manicure.  Love it!

Edit-
I completely forgot to add that this manicure is two coats of Flirt, the burgundy shade, topped with one coat of Disco Ball.  They apply just as flawlessly as my other Xtreme Wear polishes (With exception of Mystic Lilac which I found to be a little "gloppy" and thick, but still workable) and are opaque with two coats.  

Have you guys taken advantage of that great nail polish deal at ULTA?  Do you have any of these colors?