Wednesday, October 6, 2010

September Favorites (It's fall already?!)

I still can't get over the fact that it's October.  Doesn't it seem like summer was just here?  I remember talking about teals and blues and getting into bright colors... and now it's time to switch gears.  But that's ok because I love fall colors/trends.  Berry and gold eyes, rosy cheeks, red lips- the best!
Anyway, here are my favorite products that I used almost every day this month (I would have more, but I've been using a lot of different things every day).  I included a little of everything beauty-related.

Non-makeup:
Victoria's Secret PINK Warm & Cozy body spray:  This was one of the first body sprays I got when I first started working at VS last fall, and it's my go-to cold weather scent.  It reminds me of Christmas, I don't know why.  It has vanilla, pink peony and raspberry notes in it and it's just so warm/yummy smelling!
Victoria's Secret More Pink Please perfume:  I layer this and the PINK Warm & Cozy spray, because scents last longer when you layer!  LOL, it's in the same family as Warm & Cozy, and since body sprays last honestly 10 minutes on me, I have to layer.  This has top notes of mandarin and orchid and base notes of vanilla and amber (among others).
The Icing nail polish in Pinot Noir:  I got this on clearance back in August for like $2.25, and it's such a pretty cranberry/gold shimmer!  Perfect for fall.  I have this on my toes now.

Makeup:
(Some of these i've mentioned before, sorry!)
MAC Retrospeck eyeshadow:  I've been really into light/neutral eye looks, and this a great all over lid color.  It is a sparkly light gold with awesome pigmentation (Unlike some of my other MAC eyeshadows).
ELF Studio Golden Bronzer:  I've hit pan!  I use this daily to make myself look more alive.  I love love that cream highlight color- it makes my skin glow.  Definitely will be repurchasing this when I run into more pan.
Rimmel Spark It Up! eyeliners in Peridot and Black Gold:  Peridot is a dark shimmery blue-green, and Black Gold is a dark antiqued gold.  They are both great alternatives to standard brown or black without being at all "obvious".  I love these for giving neutral looks something extra.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector concealer/highlighter:  I'm so glad I finally got this when Maybelline was 40% at Walgreens awhile back.  Jamie, you're right, it's awesome!  I use it to cover blemishes (Fortunately I don't yet have problems with under eye circles), and it's the only concealer I've tried in a long time that hasn't caked/worn away.  It's also really pigmented so you don't need a lot.

Well, those are my favorites for this month.  Have you tried/been using any that I mentioned?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!