Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I've been away... and a few new things

I'm so so sorry I haven't blogged this week!  School picked up a LOT late last week, and then this weekend my boyfriend and parents came to visit me.  This week I've been feeling kind of "off" (I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong), so all of that combined led to the infrequent posting.  I hope you guys understand!
This weekend was a great time spent with my boyfriend and parents.  My boyfriend has never been to the city before, so it was a nice change of pace for him especially.  Here are a few pictures:
This was at the Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park

Looking down from the Sky Deck on the 103rd floor of Willis (Sears) Tower- I almost got sick, lol!

On a river boat tour that went out on Lake Michigan

We took a TON of pictures, but I won't spam this entire post.  I'm happy I finally got to do more tourist things!  And it was the first time I've been on the lake, so that was beautiful.

Anyway, I've inadvertently put myself on a shopping ban of every kind the last week or two.  I really didn't mean to, but there hasn't been much that isn't ridiculously out of my price range that has "spoken" to me.  Haha.  I shop by the motto that if you don't get that excited feeling when you see something, it's not for you.  
This weekend, though, I took a much-needed trip to Target.  I picked up Maybelline Full 'n' Soft mascara, and Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue gel-cream moisturizer (I had two coupons- a $2.00 and a $1.00, so in total I got it for about $4!).  Afterwards I went to Walgreens where they have select Wet 'n' Wild products 50% off.  I've been looking for darker lip color, and being $.49 I thought the Silk Finish lipstick in Dark Wine would be a good place to start.  I seriously love this color!  I'll feature this in a look sometime soon, don't worry.
(I'll also do some kind of review on the Garnier moisturizer once I've used it awhile)

I also got this cute knit hat from Forever 21 tonight... just because.  :)  I definitely don't need it or anything, just felt like buying myself something.  Hey, it's been a rough week!  ;)

Thanks for bearing with me, again- I know my blog has been ridiculously slow!  And I've fallen behind with responding to comments, but I read each and every one.  You guys are awesome.
<3