Friday, October 1, 2010

How to: Glowing Cheeks

In this look, I wanted a bright, glowing face.  Here are the products and steps I used to achieve these soft pink radiant cheeks.

Steps:
1. I applied my face and eye makeup as desired.  Next, I used my finger to apply Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Soft Plum to the apples of my cheeks.  This is a mauve shade that is super shimmery.  I would almost consider it to have tiny glitter in it.
2. Using a duo fiber blush brush, I swept on Covergirl Cheekers Blush in True Plum over the mousse blush.  This shade has a soft shimmery quality that is very subtle.
3. I used an angled blush brush to apply N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny below my cheekbones as a contour.  I wanted to glowy focus to be on the apples of the cheeks, which is why I used this matte bronzer to contour.
4. Last, I used e.l.f. Studio Blush in Gotta Glow and went back over the apples to add even more luminosity to the look.