Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th & belated Caturday!

My dad and baby Panini

Happy Independence Day to my American readers! Caturday is late because I'm on vacation, but I figured today was as good as any day to post, because it's also Panini's 1st birthday!

I don't know exactly when she was born because her birth is oddly cloaked in mystery - like where she came from, what happened to her mother, etc. We took her and Truffles at the last minute, when their current foster family was going away, and no one at the shelter seemed to know where they came from. We got them in the first week of August around my birthday (best birthday present ever!), and they were about 4 weeks old. So that makes her born some time this week, and I chose the 4th as her birthday to make it easy to remember.

She's a year old now, and she's just as sweet as ever. Her only problem is she still thinks she's teeny, and wants to sit on shoulders like she always has, except everyone's shoulders have gotten smaller!

My brother and the now fully-grown Panini

Have a safe and happy long weekend!