Saturday, February 26, 2011

New! Wet n Wild 8-pan eyeshadow palette in Comfort Zone

I finally found the new Wet n Wild ColorIcon 8-pan eyeshadow palettes!  The Walgreens near haven't had them in stock yet (probably due to the fact that one of them is going out of business), but earlier I found myself in a different part of town and set out to find a Walgreens that did.  From all the swatches I've seen online of these, I knew I only wanted Comfort Zone, the green/brown neutral-toned palette.  So, since I'm sure you all have seen and read about these a million times now, I'll just cut to the chase.
(This isn't an official review, but more of just overall first impressions and comments.)



I was most excited for that strange taupe browbone shade, the two crease shades, and the duochrome definer shade (mostly to compare to MAC Club since I've heard talk about it being a potential dupe- it's not really, similar but not exact).  I was not let down!  They have beautiful pigmentation and the staying power is great, from what I can tell from swatches on my arm.  I have yet to fully test these, but they really are just as gorgeous as they look in the pan- both in swatches and on my eyes.  That definer shade is a real reddish-brown in swatches, but on my eyes the duochrome stands out more.  Very cool.  My favorite shade is probably the taupe browbone color (like I thought it would be!).  I have nothing like it in my collection.  I'm hoping to pair this with my MAC Retrospeck eyeshadow- a sparkly light gold.  

Swatches:
(In same order as palette, just on it's side)

The palette is $4.99 and you get a total of 0.3oz.  I only have two initial problems with it:
1) The packaging feels very, very cheap.  It's no different than the other Wet n Wild palettes, but maybe it's the bigger size that makes it different?  Otherwise it's just me.  At any rate, it's plastic, very light, and.... bleh.  I don't place a huge emphasis on packaging if the product is good, so this doesn't affect my opinion too much, but for others it could.  
2)  There isn't any variety in finishes.  One thing I love about the 6-pan eyeshadow palettes is that there are mattes and shimmers- this one only has shimmers.  It would have been nice to at least have one shade with a sheen, or just subtle shimmer, if matte wasn't an option.

Overall, I think the 8-pan palettes are another hit from Wet n Wild.  Although the other palette colors didn't appeal to me, if they suit you they're definitely worth a look.  I can't wait to see what else WnW has to offer this year!