Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fall Makeup Look #1: Amber and Berry

FALL MAKEUP LOOK
I've been dreaming of fall sweaters, a chill in the air, and changing Pennsylvania leaves lately.  Too bad it is still around 88 degrees daily in Florida.  I thought I would pretend it felt like fall and design a makeup look that was inspired by bright golds, oranges, and reds in the turning leaves.  If you'd like to recreate this look, the instructions and products are listed below.  Remember though, you could modify the look to fit your style.

1. I primed my face with e.l.f. mineral infused face primer.
2. I applied Maybelline mineral power natural perfecting liquid foundation in light 1: porcelain ivory with a foundation brush.
3. Using ring finger, I applied Maybelline dream mousse concealer in light 2 - 3.5: ivory.
4. On my T-zone, I brushed on Maybelline mineral power pressed powder finishing veil in light.
5. I tidied up my eyebrows with e.l.f. wet gloss lash & brow clear mascara.
6. I lined my lower waterline with wet n wild kohl eyeliner in white.
BEFORE LOOK
7. Using my finger, I applied a light layer of NYX eyeshadow base in white from lashline to eyebrows.
8. Using a flat eyshadow brush, I patted Covergirl eye enhancers single shadow in mink to the lid and into the crease.
9. Next, I used wet n wild color icon eyeshadow trio in knock on wood.  I used the burgundy 'eyelid' shade with a large crease brush to define the crease.  I then went in with a fine crease brush and the brown 'crease' shade to define the outer 1/2 of the crease and deepend it a bit.  I used a fluffy crease brush to lightly brush the 'browbone' shade in as a highlight, then used the same brush to blend the eyeshadows together to avoid any harsh lines.
10. To highlight the inner corner of my eyes, I used wet n wild idoleyes creme shadow pencil in pixie.
11. I lined my top lashes with Jordana INCOLOR fabuliner liquid eyeliner in brown, as close to the lashes as possible.
12. I curled my lashes, then applied Covergirl lashblast volume waterproof mascara in black brown with a disposable mascara wand.
13. I used my finger to apply NYC blushable creme stick in mauvin uptown to the apples of my cheeks, then blended out.
WITH EYES CLOSED
14. I then applied NYC blushable creme stick in south street seashell right below the other shade, as a contour to my cheekbones.
15. I went over the mauve shade with Maybelline mineral power naturally luminous blush in soft mauve.
16. I went over the seashell shade with Covergirl cheekers blush in golden pink.
17. I brushed on wet n wild megaglo illuminating powder in catwalk pink to the highest points of my cheeks as a highlight.
18. I lined my lips with Jordana easyliner for lips in sugar bronze then filled in with the same shade.
19. I went over the liner with wet n wild megaslicks lip gloss in bronze berry.