Sunday, September 19, 2010

Maybelline Haul & First Impressions (Walgreens)

This is an awesome week to stock up on both Maybelline and Revlon products if you need to!  They are 40% off at Walgreens, so it's also the perfect time to use any coupons you may have.  Redplum.com has printable coupons for $2.00 off any Maybelline foundation or lip product, and both of the Walgreens near me have LE displays that have $1.00 off tearpads for either any Maybelline product or any eyeshadow/eyeliner.  I took advantage of both in this haul!  I'll go into more detail about how I paid for everything at the end.
(Left to right: Expert Wear eyeshadow trio in Charming Cobalt LE, Color Sensational lip gloss in Shimmering Sands, Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector in Light, Unstoppable eyeliner in Sapphire

Cobalt Blue eyeshadow:

(lid, crease, highlight)

I first saw this trio over in Gianna's post, and then I saw it in person sometime last week.  I wasn't really feeling it for it's retail price of $5.99, but with the 40% off deal plus the $1.00 off tearpad coupon on the LE display, I thought just under $3.00 was reasonable.  The only complaint I have about this trio is the pigmentation.  It's not terrible, but it's not fabulous, either.  

Swatches of Shimmering Sands lip gloss and Sapphire eyeliner:

I'm excited to wear this lip gloss.  It's a pretty, shimmery nude color, and my guess is that it isn't too pigmented.  It will probably be a good one to keep in my purse- goes with everything, easy to apply.

The Unstoppable eyeliners have become an underrated favorite of mine.  I have another in the color Jade, which is a deep forest green.  They really do stay put but you can easily smudge them if you're going for that kind of look.  Sapphire is a not-quite navy blue; I'd say it's a touch brighter than what I'd define as "navy".  Different than what I was expecting, but still nice nonetheless.  

Double Face Perfector concealer/highlighter in Light:


!! This is the one I was most excited for.  I know Jamie has raved about this duo, so I've been waiting for a good sale to go out and try it for myself!  I tried it out just a bit ago and the concealer is really pigmented and covers all my imperfections.  I hope I still like it after using it awhile.

Here is the breakdown of how much everything cost me before tax, including the 40% discount and coupons:
-lip gloss$3.89 ($2.00 off any Maybelline lip color from Redplum.com)= $1.89
-concealer/highlighter$5.87 ($1.00 off any Maybelline cosmetic tear pad coupon from LE display)= $4.87
-eyeliner$4.79
-eyeshadow trio: $3.59 ($1.00 off any Maybelline eyeshadow/eyeliner tear pad coupon from LE display)= $2.59
Total: $14.14

Chicago has 9.75% so obviously I had to pay that, but it was only a little over a dollar.

I still have my $2.00 any Maybelline foundation coupon waiting to be used.  Any recommendations?  Anything else I need to try?  Or if there's anything here that I bought today that you love, definitely leave a comment and let me know!  I love hearing what you guys like/dislike.

Have a great day!