Tuesday, September 7, 2010

MAC Face and Body Foundation

I've been hearing so many good things about MAC Face and Body lately and remembered I had a sample of it sent from a friend. My first thoughts were it gives a very nice finish and very similar to Chanel Vitalumiere in the dewy factor and coverage. However, I did notice it was burning my face and my face had almost a rash like reaction to it. I liked the look of this foundation and thought that the reason it was burning my face was because the sample I had was well over a year old so I figured it had expired so I went ahead and ordered the full size hoping a fresh bottle would be different... but it wasn't. I still had the same reaction. 
MAC foundations work wonderful for some people and terrible for others. I'm one of those people that has a terrible time with their foundations.
This is a 4 oz bottle and for a foundation that's almost unheard of. Most foundations are 1 oz so if this foundation works for you then the oz vs price is really really good ($32). 
This is one of the most watery foundations I've ever tried and it blends ok into your face. I think it looks good when you apply it with your hands or a 190 brush. I'd say that if MAC foundations really work for you and you like dewy/natural looking foundations then you'd probably like this. The reason I liked it was because it was a dupe for my HG Chanel Vitalumiere but since it doesn't work for me AT ALL and I'd never put in on my face again... I'm sticking with the Vitalumiere. 
The color I used was N3.




Blended in... as you can see it gives a nice dewy sheen to the skin.


Sorry MAC Face and Body but you've got to go....