Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Review: Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter Shampoo+Conditioner

Question before I start this post- does anyone know when CVS starts their next semi-annual beauty sale?  I searched a bit online, and it looks like some people are saying it's going on right now with all the "buy x amount and get x amount in extra bucks".  Does anyone know for sure?  Or when the next one that's 50-75% is?  I'd love to know when they typically do that, thank you!

Anyway, sorry for the long title, lol.  This is the first review I've done on hair products, and since I'm really not a "hair girl" (I don't spend top dollar on my hair products/pay much attention to them), I never even expected to do this.  I think that's mainly because I've always used the same kind (Pantene Pro-V, which worked just fine), so I didn't know what else was out there.  Basically, I'm really excited to share this review with you guys- especially anyone like me who doesn't stray from their usual hair care products!

I didn't bring my shampoo/conditioner with me when I moved into my dorm, so I needed to buy new ones.  I was at Target and looking for something cheap that looked promising, and Suave Professionals called my name!

These are part of the Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter line, the shampoo and conditioner:


Price: I got these for $1.88 each on sale at Target (The main reason I was drawn to them!), but I think they retail between $2-$3.00.  Each comes with 14.5 oz of product.
Availability: At most drugstores and mass retail stores


What it claims:  This particular formula is for dry or damaged hair.  It claims to be "moisturizing" and will leave your hair richer and more nourished.

Formula/quality:  OK, a shampoo and conditioner that have almond and shea butters in them?!  I'll buy almost any lotion if it has either of those in it, so I knew I had to try these out.  They don't disappoint.  I've never used Suave shampoos or conditioners before but I'm definitely more inclined to after this experience.  The shampoo is an almost-clear cream consistency, and the conditioner is your typical opaque cream:
I wish the conditioner lathered up more, but I can't be too harsh since these ran me hardly $4.00 total.  Using them together for over a week, my hair already feels extremely smooth and silky.  My comb runs through it after I shower with no tangles.  And a wonderful added bonus?  The smell!  I figured it would smell lovely, and it really does.  I wish my body wash smelled like shea butter!

Pros:
- Super affordable, available
- Moisturizing and leaves my hair soft and smooth
- Smells like shea butter
- You don't need a ton of product (The shampoo lathers up much nicer than the conditioner)

Cons:
- Conditioner doesn't lather up as much as I'd like (However I think those with shorter hair wouldn't find this to be a problem)

I really think these products are a great value for your money.  I don't want to spend much, but I also don't want my money going to waste on something that doesn't do anything.  Suave didn't disappoint for me (And now I can't wait to try more of their shampoos/conditioners!).