Friday, September 17, 2010

Review: Carmex Moisture Plus

FYI: If you are a huge fan of Carmex like I am, you were probably equally excited to see that they finally came out with a tinted lip balm.  The Carmex Moisture Plus comes in two tinted shades: pink and peach. 

Cons: #1: Smell isn’t great.  It is supposed to smell slightly like vanilla, but combine that with menthol and it just has an odd odor.  Not appealing at all.
#2: Color pay off is weak.  When I swatched it on my arm, it looked decent.  However, on my lips, I don’t notice any color difference.  They just seem to make my lips slightly shiny but no different than original Carmex.
#3: Slight gritty texture.  The texture is not as smooth as the original Carmex.

Pros: #1: Hydrating.  They do feel moisturizing on your lips.
#2: Pretty shades.  The two colors they chose are flattering for most people.  If only you could see them!

2 out of 5 stars.

Would I purchase again? No, I would rather just buy original Carmex for 1/3 of the price.