Thursday, April 28, 2011

Essence Lipsticks


The 4 shades I picked.

Is it possible to love a lipstick?  If so, I do.  Well, really more than one lipstick.  I recently discovered the German cosmetic brand Essence.  It is a very affordable brand that is available at Ulta.  I have purchased several of their products and I am very impressed with the quality.  The company (apparently along with ALL German cosmetics companies) is cruelty-free, which is AWESOME and they have some really great items!  One of the things I picked up that I am really enjoying for spring are these 4 super fun lipstick shades.  The retail at Ulta for $2.49.  From left to right, the shades are: Prom Night, Fifth Avenue, Like a Lady, and Fairytale.  They had several other shades as well, but these ones caught my eye as very vibrant and different from what I have.  The texture is rather moisturizing, and I like that they vary from cream to shimmer.



Swatches!
The swatches are as follows (Top to bottom):
Fairytale: a deep plum cream
Prom Night: barbie pink cream
Like a Lady: vibrant hot pink cream
Fifth Avenue: bright coral pink shimmer

The swatches really don't do the shades justice; They are far more vivid and lovely in real life!

Check out the Essence company website!  It's really fun and cute!!  It's geared toward younger shoppers, but the makeup is still great quality and even their eyeshadows range from shimmer, metallic, and matte.