Thursday, January 27, 2011

Estee Lauder Skincare Review


Estee Lauder Skincare has been a regular love of mine for the past few months. While I have always been a skincare obsessive, it was only when I bought the Hydrationist Christmas set from the brand that I realised just how much better my skin could be. Not only has my skin improved, but I feels and looks smoother. The three products that have contributed greatly to this are Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish (review here), Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and Estee Lauder's Idealist.

Advanced Night Repair: What They Say


"Our revolutionary formula with exclusive Chrinolux Technology is synchronized to your skins needs to help support the optimal performance of its natural repair and protective processes.Use it everyday ti help continuously repair the appearance of past damage caused by every major environmental assault. Think of it as "insurance" for younger, healthier looking skin. Today and tomorrow."

What I Say

ANR is one of those cult products that your mother probably uses; not only does it claim to decrease the appearance of wrinkles, but it promises to prevent them from occurring if used from a younger age. Now, at a mere nineteen and no sign of wrinkles (yet), I don't believe that I will see the full effects for a good twenty years. But, for me, its not whether the product has dramatic results or not; its the fact that I feel good using it and it makes my skin feel great. I have dry skin and although this is moisturising and hydrating for a few minutes, I would always need to team this with a moisturiser.


Idealist: What They Say


"Estee Lauder takes skin refinishing to a whole new lever of perfection with this stare-of-the-art, fast-acting treatment. Turns skin to silk - instantly. Penetrates deep within surface layers to deliver out most dramatic skin resurfacing benefits ever. Speeds fresher, healthy-looking skin cells to the surface with 3X more of the non-acid skin refinisher of our previous formula. Makes enlarged pores look virtually invisible with out revolutionary pore diminishing technology. All, to help give back the skin you were born with. Unbelievably soft and smooth. Incredibly clear and even-toned"

What I Say

 
This formula works a little better for me than the ANR. Not only is it extremely moisturising, but it makes your skin feel silky soft and radiant. While I would use it with the Estee Lauder Hydrationist moisturiser, an oilier skin would be able to use this without one. While I haven't seen much results of pore minimising (I don't have large pores anyway), I think an oilier skin would definitely notice a difference. Used everyday this product has given me bright, even and smooth skin.

For more information of what I think of these two products, I made a video:



Happy Thursday!